Here at the Academic Achievement Department, we are all about helping you succeed! Whether you scored high or low, we want to give you the tools you need to improve your performance throughout law school. To achieve that goal, we offer lots of valuable resources, and one of those resources is our voluntary workshop series. Here are 5 reasons why every 1L should attend these workshops:
- They are specially designed for you! Our spring series is designed to give 1L students specific strategies that will improve their exam performance. Regardless of your final exam grades, there will be something for you to learn and use in these workshops.
- They include practice problems. Each workshops uses practice problems to demonstrate the skills being taught and includes a take home practice problem that you can complete on your own. We all know that practice makes perfect, so attending these workshops is a great way to get some practice throughout the semester.
- They will give a brief review of some of the substantive law. Since these workshops use hypos, they will also give you a brief review of some of the substantive topics you’re covering in your first year classes.
- You’ll get the chance to take a mock exam question! Our final workshop will give you the chance to complete a comprehensive practice question under exam like conditions and receive feedback on your answer. Replicating the exam experience is one of the best ways to prepare for finals, so be sure to take advantage of this opportunity.
- And lastly, the workshop sessions are short and sweet. We know that as busy 1L students, you don’t have a lot of time to spare. These workshops pack a lot of great info into a narrow time slot so that you can learn what you need without disrupting your day.
Hope to see you at our workshop series this spring!